Sunday, November 10, 2013

Blog Entry 4

For this week Dr. McFarland and I could not locate much life within my Microaquariam, but we did however discover a Water Mite (Rains and Russell 1996) living in the bottom portion of the tank near the soil. We followed his movements as he "rose to the top" (Tennessee football pun). Other than that it was just more of the same, Cyclopse and Rotifer. In hopes of sparking more activity Dr. McFarland and myself ventured down to the greenhouses behind Hesler Biology Building and added various water samples from quite a few tanks. Also another Beta Food Pellet was dropped into my tank to help spike the activity of organisms living in my MicroAquariam. I have attached an image of the water mite that we discovered taken from my Motorola Razor Droid phone camera.

 
Water Mite

No comments:

Post a Comment