Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Blog Entry 5

During the final week of observations for our Microaqarium term project I got to see the effects of having multiple new water and plant samples along with another Beta Food Pellet added to my tank. There certainly was an increase in the amount of organisms that I was able to spot and identify. This week I found an Amobe A and also an Anisonema (Patterson 2003) Both of these were new to my tank and much smaller than previously viewed organisms. It was interesting to me that the Anisonema had two, different length flagella, one in front and one in back. These two have individual jobs one to pull the organism the other to motor it from behind and propel it forward. I only found one of each, but I believe with more time and more in-depth look into it many of each organism could have been found. I have included images of each organism taken from my Motorola Razor droid smart phone camera below.

GetFileAttachment.jpg

Amobea A
GetFileAttachment.jpg

Anisonema 






No comments:

Post a Comment